- Apple Sauce 3/4 cup
- 1 bottle (4.12 ounces) McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- Cookie Cutters
- Drinking Straw
1. Preheat oven to 200°F.
2. Mix applesauce and cinnamon with hands in small bowl until a smooth ball of dough is formed. Using about 1/4 of the dough at a time, roll dough to 1/4-inch to 1/3-inch thickness between two sheets of plastic wrap. Peel off top sheet of plastic wrap; cut dough into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Make a hole in top of ornament with drinking straw. Place ornaments on baking sheet.
3. Bake for 2 1/2 hours. Cool ornaments on wire rack.. (Or, to dry ornaments at room temperature, carefully place them on wire rack. Let stand 1 to 2 days or until thoroughly dry, turning occasionally.)
4. Insert ribbon through holes and tie to hang. May be decorated with opaque paint markers found in arts and crafts stores, if desired.
Tip: If a different size bottle of cinnamon is used, measure 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cinnamon.
Recipe from: http://www.mccormick.com
- Card Stock Circle Cutouts
- Tinted Glue
- Paint Brushes
Tell your class they are going to make their very own yummy cookie art. The first thing they need to do is spread the frosting (colored glue) all of their cookies. They can then use the confetti and glitter to decorate their cookies. After the cookies have dried place them on a paper plate.
- Seasonal Cookie Cutters
- Paint On A Sponge
- Cardboard Squares
Help your class make their very own cookie sheets by wrapping and taping foil around their cardboard squares. Once everyone has a cookie sheet dip cookie cutters onto a sponge full of paint and then onto cookie sheets. When your children are finished it will look like they have a cookie sheet full of cookies.
- Fine Grade Sand Paper
- Cinnamon Sticks
Cut out a Gingerbread man shape from the sandpaper. Have your chidren use the sharpies to draw facial features and clothes on their gingerbread man. After coloring rub a cinnamon stick over the entire gingerbread man to make a yummy smell.
- Half pint mik cartons
- Graham crackers
- White Frosting
- Candy for embellishments
- Popsicle sticks
Before starting the project collect, empty, clean and dry a milk cartom for every child in your class. Give each child a milk carton, 6 graham crackers and 1/2 cup of white frosting. Have your children use their popsicles sticks as knives to spread frosting over all exposed sides of the milk carton. Stick one square on each side of the carton including the two top sides. Once the frosting has hardened spread frosting on the outside of the graham crackers and attach candy to decorate your houses.